Candidate will be responsible for the disassembly, cleaning, inspection, recording of as found conditions, and reassembly of reciprocating compressors. Work as part of a team to ensure that all projects are completed safely, correctly and meet or exceed customer expectations. Work will be local (within 60 miles) of the Beaumont, TX area. Follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of Siemens commitment to being the industry’s Premier Service Provider to our clients.
• Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
• The ability to routinely lift at least 25 pounds, as required, to perform essential functions of the position, for up to eight hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
• The ability to lift up to 50 pounds periodically, as required to perform essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Ability to read and interpret equipment manufacturing drawings, shop sketches and equipment repair manuals and procedures.
• Proficient use of common PMI's (mic's, gauges, and etc.)
• Minimum of 5 years related reciprocating mechanical experience.
• Working knowledge of D-R and or non-nameplate reciprocating compressors.
• Good reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
• A valid Texas drivers license.
• Personal tooling and measuring instruments required for general field use.
• Basic computer and word processing skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate commitment to Zero-Harm culture and Client Service Excellence in all assigned tasks.
• Project is located in the Beaumont, TX Area. Candidate needs to live 60 miles or less for the position.
• Reciprocating compressor disassembly, cleaning, and inspection including the accurate collection and recording of technical inspection data for equipment repair proposals.
• Maintaining clear and concise daily work records and job logs.
• Use of basic problem solving skills in terms of gathering facts, analyzing the cause and selecting the best most accurate solution.
• The position hours vary from 40 to 84 hours as needed depending on project workload.
• Responsible for following of all safe work practices, D-R safety and quality policies and procedures during normal daily operations.