- Document improvements to manufacturing efficiencies, track time, floor space utilization, and overhead.
- Evaluate existing machinery and processes to recommend improvements that enhance operator performance and ergonomics / safety of the overall operation is a key duty.
- Effectively utilize resources that are not directly under their control to achieve both individual and team goals.
- Review new product designs and changes to existing designs with engineering to assure that manufacturing consideration are incorporated and full advantage of manufacturing possibilities have been utilized using Design for Manufacturing concepts.
- With assistance of Work Groups and Shop Supervision recommend innovative solutions to improvement processes resulting in reduced cycle time, reduced set-up time, improve material handling, reduce WIP inventory, reduce quality costs and reduce production costs.
- Function as a Team Leader on manufacturing projects and/or capital projects.
- Provides relevant knowledge and expertise to aid the workgroup and company in its Lean Transformation including Lean Leadership, 6-S, Value Stream Mapping, ACP Leadership, Six-Sigma, Team Leadership and Team Facilitation, VA/VE, and Design for Manufacturing.
- Prepares documentation and case study for the justification, procurement, installation and commissioning of capital equipment.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment that ensures compliance to health, safety and environmental requirements. Support in-house manufacturing operations in their efforts to maintain existing tools, fixtures, and gauges. Includes process documentation and work instructions.
- Provide technical support in the movement of product and process between Siemens Manufacturing Operations.
- Provide technical and continuous improvement support to suppliers that produce finished product or manufacturing processes outside of the Siemens Government Technologies factory.
Dresser-Rand, A Siemens Business is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand, Siemens employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand, Siemens Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand, Siemens and no search fees will be paid